Brunch wrap- Carrots, red cabbage, kosher beef sausage, eggs and avocado

This is a simple, delicious wrap. I made eggs with onions, fresh carrots, fresh red cabbage, and mushrooms in it. One half of a scraped and sliced carrot was used. I use a grater for slicing it, it's so much faster than a knife. I didn't let the carrots and cabbage cook fully. I wanted them to be crispy and maintain their freshness and nutrients. The eggs are lightly fried, so they were kept moist. I love avocados for their nutritional value and creaminess.  I added some salt and pepper to them for flavor, spread them over the wrap and then added the eggs on top of them. For the wrap bread, I lightly toasted a high fiber high protein wrap called Flatout flatbread light wrap, (italian herb). It contains 13g whole grain, 10grams fiber and 7 grams protein. Toasting was basically heating up the wrap on a non-stick frying pan with no oil or water in it. 
#healthyfoodcanbetasty#avocadoes#carrotrecipe#redcabbage

Comments

Popular Posts