Potatoes with ground turkey, broccoli, cauliflower and carrot sauce


 I usually cook ground turkey with the same seasonings and I decided to try something new two nights ago. I decided to add rosemary and cumin to my ground turkey. It turned out great! My picky two year old loved it too! It only takes about 30 minutes to make this meal if you boil the potatoes and cook the sauce simultaneously.

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground turkey, antibiotic-free, 85% lean, 15% fat
Canola oil
1/4 of a yellow onion
Minced garlic
1 pack of Carrot, cauliflower, and broccoli (frozen veggies)
Seasonings
Salt
Crushed rosemary leaves
Cumin
Zatarains 

Method
Peel and boil potatoes to a softness level of softness you are comfortable with. I like to give mine at 20 minutes to boil. I used 2 large russet potatoes and 6 red potatoes for this recipe. In the picture above, lightly mashed my potatoes for aesthetic purposes
Sauce
-Slice the onions and add them into a thin layer of oil that covers the base of your pan. Add garlic, let it saute for a few minutes till the onions become translucent.
-Add ground turkey then a little salt, Zatarain's seasoning, cumin, and rosemary.
-Cumin is strong so if you don't like well-seasoned food, don't add much. I don't measure my seasonings, I just sprinkle them over my food while cooking. I have gotten a sense of how much is needed but this takes practice. Start with a little and you can always add some more later if you want to. Stir the mixture after adding your seasonings.
-Cook the ground turkey for at least 15 minutes, on medium heat. The color should be brown and not pink after this. Add the vegetables to the sauce and cook for 5 to 10 minutes so the seasonings infuse into your veggies.
-Your dish is ready to be served
Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts