Roasted potatoes with mushroom and bell pepper sauce



I had a hankering for something different so I invented another dish.....

Potatoes
5 Irish potatoes each cut into 4 pieces and tossed in black pepper & salt. In the past I have added thyme and loved it!
I baked the potatoes (without covering them) at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes until I got the golden brown color I desired.


Sauce
1/4 of an onion and 3  cloves of garlic blended in a food processor and sauteed in a saucepan
15-20 sliced mushrooms
canned diced tomatoes blended in a food processor/blender, the  amount of tomatoes will be based on how large you would like the sauce to be
canola oil to sautee`
seasonings; salt, ginger powder, coriander and cumin

Cooking 
 The onions and garlic were sauteed in oil for about 5 minutes. I added the seasonings and sauteed the tomatoes(fried in shallow oil). The sharp taste of tomatoes is gone when the oil sits at the on top of the tomatoes.
At this point, I added the bell peppers and the mushrooms, stirred and let it simmer for about 5 minutes.  You may add some chicken broth or water if the sauce starts drying up.  Cooking time for the sauce would be about 30 minutes. 
Viola` all done! 

Comments

Popular Posts